Index of /ftp/oceans/VOS_Ronald_Brown/RB2001
Please cite this data set as:
Wanninkhof, R., R. D. Castle, and J. Shannahoff. 2008. Underway pCO2 measurements aboard the
R/V Ronald H. Brown during the 2001 cruises. http://cdiac.ess-dive.lbl.gov/ftp/oceans/VOS_Ronald_Brown/RB2001/.
Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, US Department of Energy,
Oak Ridge, Tennessee. doi: 10.3334/CDIAC/otg.VOS_RB_2001
List of variables included in this dataset:
COLUMN HEADER EXPLANATION
1. GROUP/SHIP: AOML_Brown for all underway data from the Ron Brown.
2. CRUISE_DESIGNATION: Cruise ID (e.g., RBYYYYnn where RB = Ron Brown, YYYY
= the four digit year, and nn = the cruise number for that year).
3. JD_GMT: Decimal year day.
4. DATE_DDMMYYYY: GMT date. The date format has been changed to comply with the IOCCP recommendations.
5. TIME_HH:MM:SS: GMT time.
6. LAT_DEC_DEGREE: Latitude in decimal degrees (negative values are in the southern hemisphere).
7. LONG_DEC_DEGREE: Longitude in decimal degrees (negative values are in the western hemisphere).
8. xCO2W_PPM: Mole fraction of CO2 (dry) in the equilibrator headspace at equilibrator temperature (Teq)
in parts per million.
9. xCO2A_PPM: Mole fraction of CO2 in air in parts per million.
10. EqTEMP_C: Temperature in equilibrator water in degrees centigade. Temperature in equilibrator
measured with a calibrated thermistor.
11. PRES_EQUIL_hPa: Barometric pressure in the lab in hectopascals (1 hectopascal = 1 millibar).
12. SST(TSG)_C: Temperature from the ship's thermosalinograph in degrees centigrade.
13. SAL(TSG)_PERMIL: Salinity from the ship's thermosalinograph on the Practical Salinity Scale.
14. fCO2w,eq: Fugacity of CO2 in the equilibrator in microatmospheres calculated as outlined below.
15. fCO2W@SST_uatm: Fugacity of CO2 in sea water in microatmospheres calculated as outlined below.
16. fCO2A_uATM: Fugacity of CO2 in air in microatmospheres calculated as outlined below.
17. dfCO2_uatm: Sea water fCO2 - air fCO2 in microatmospheres. This uses the average air value for the current hour.